We are subject to the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (“FOI Act”) although we are partially exempt from aspects of the FOI Act. In addition, in accordance with section 87 of the Export Finance and Insurance Corporation Act 1991 ("Efic Act”) Efic Board members and our employees keep client information confidential. Subject to these exemptions, we are also required to comply with the Information Publication Scheme (“IPS”) requirements under the FOI Act.
The information we are required to publish under the IPS, other than exempt material, is as follows:
- IPS Agency Plan: Describes how we comply with the IPS requirements of the FOI Act.
- Who we are: Information about our role as the Australian Government’s export credit agency, the composition of our Board (including statutory appointments) and our organisational structure.
- What we do: our functions are set out in the Efic Act and our Principal Accountabilities are to the Minister for Trade and Investment and the Australian Parliament. Read about our governance framework and about the solutions we offer under Parts 4 and 5 of the Efic Act.
- Our Board: Information about our Board members, the Board charter and the Board Audit Committee, and about our governance framework.
- Our responses to Parliament: We publish any information that we routinely provide to Parliament.
- Our Annual Reports
- Routinely requested information and disclosure log: We do not receive routine requests for information. If we receive any routine requests for information we will publish them here. Our disclosure log sets out any information that has been released in response to an FOI access request.
- Consultation arrangements: If we undertake public consultation on a specific policy proposal, we will make available information about how members of the public can make submissions on a proposal.
- Our priorities: Are encompassed in our Purpose and Principles.
- Our finances: Our financial statements are published each year in our Annual Report.
Please direct enquiries regarding access to documents or other matters relating to FOI matters to:
Export Finance and Insurance Corporation
PO Box R65
Royal Exchange NSW 1225
Any such inquiry or any email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org should be headed “FOI REQUEST”.
Telephone: +61 2 8273 5333
Fax: +61 2 9251 3851